Pasados
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for da hdmi stuff

Go down

for da hdmi stuff Empty for da hdmi stuff

Post  hun Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 am

I finally got it to work on Vista.

I installed the latest ATI drivers, the Microsoft drivers then load automatically. I then installed Realtek ATI HDMI drivers (Google "ATI HDMI Audio Device" ).

Then I installed "ac3filter" (google it, it's free). I restarted after that. In ac3filter Main Tab I checked "Use SPDIF" and choose 5.1 audio out. In the SPDIF Tab I choose the formats my Surround Sound can decode (DTS, AC3, PCM 24bit) .

I turned on my receiver. In the Audio control panel choose Realtek HDMI Output as Default, choose Properties, click Supported Formats Tab, tested what formats will play (for me all but "Microsoft WMA Pro Audio" ) and do the same in Advanced (choose 24bit). After that all 5.1 surround worked great.

A few notes: the Configure button on the Sound Control Panel still doesn't show 5 speakers, just 2. That made me think 5.1 wasn't working until I tested it. Also I had "Microsoft WMA Pro Audio" checked in the Supported Formats tab and that stopped any audio going out when playing WMA files.

I hope this helps.
hun
hun
Admin

https://pasados.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down